The Massachusetts Baptist Charitable Society annually offers three sabbatical grants of up to $2,000
dollars each. There is no formal application form. The criteria
for applying for a Sabbatical Grant are as follows:
- Clergy applying must have a recognized ABC ordination and have standing
within The American Baptist Churches of MA.
- The clergy must be serving in recognized ministry within MA.
- She/he must have at least seven years of ministry in their current
- The Deacons must have approved the sabbatical, and a letter from the
Deacons stating such must accompany the letter requesting to be considered
for the Sabbatical Grant.
- The clergy must write a one-page essay describing how he/she will
spend the sabbatical time, giving the dates of the sabbatical leave.
For upcoming application deadlines and further information, please contact The Rev. Dr. G. Jean Wright,
Executive Director by telephone at 978-448-0451 or or e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org.